SMARTCOM OFFICIAL PRIVACY POLICIES
SMARTCOM SAS. and SMARTCOM MOBILITY SOLUTIONS Inc. (‘SMARTCOM’) are under the same management. Their headquarters are in Sophia Antipolis (Biot), FR and Alpharetta (GA), USA. All data is safely hosted through their partner Amazon Web Services (‘AWS’) within two (2) regions: North Virginia (us-east-1) and Ireland (eu-west-1).
SMARTCOM provides IT platform capabilities for IoT consumer devices, mainly to help caregivers/parents/guardians to communicate, monitor, track/locate their valuables and loved ones. This is a data driven service, in most cases:
- This service will automatically collect the physical location from the device at all times when activated. In some cases, Smartcom could also receive data about device and application usage.
- SMARTCOM will use this information to provide the location-based services and to contact the allowed app users regarding the service and other information.
- This information is not shared with any Third Party other than the protagonists involved in a service you are subscribing to. It can be the carrier or the brand with whom you have subscribe to the service with.
Last updated: Jan, 2019 – GDPR/COPPA/CCPA Compliance
Personal information collected through the App: Through the App we may collect your name, email address, date of birth, billing information and other personal information, as well as that of the child who will use the Device associated. We do not collect personal information from you unless you voluntarily provide it to us.
Location-based information collected through the Smartcom Services: Paired Family Tracking Devices automatically and constantly collects information about physical locations when it is activated. This information is acquired through numerous methods, including GPS, cell towers and Wi-Fi hotspots, which are enhanced over time as we follow the Device, collect more information and improve our tracking. You may not disable location-based data collection from the Device. We may also collect such location-based information through your use of the App.
Non-personal or aggregate information that we collect: We automatically collect non-personal information from your use of the Smartcom Services, such as IP host address, device-specific identifiers, computer or smartphone configurations, pages viewed, time and usage habits on the Smartcom Services and similar data. It is possible at times when collecting non-personal information through automatic means that we may unintentionally collect or receive personal information that is mixed in with the non-personal information. While we will make reasonable efforts to prevent such incidental data collection, the possibility still exists. If we do inadvertently collect personal information, we will not intentionally use such personal information as if we had collected it with your consent. We may also aggregate demographic information collected from our users (such as the number of users in a particular State) in a manner which does not identify any one individual.
Therefore, we may use your information to:
- respond to your inquiries or requests;
- send you information about the Smartcom Services (such as promotions, maintenance or security information);
- permit our vendors and subcontractors to perform services, provided they are under an obligation of confidentiality and do not use the information for their own benefit;
- comply with applicable law or legal process;
- provide to a third party for their own use, such as marketing, but only if you have specifically opted-in to such third party sharing (ref. GDPR, COPPA, CPIAPP, etc.);
- investigate suspected fraud, harassment, danger to persons or property or other violations of any law, rule or regulation, or the terms or policies for the Smartcom Services or our business partners;
- share with law enforcement and other parties trying to locate a lost child, including sharing the audio content of emergency calls;
- transfer information in connection with the sale or merger or change of control of Smartcom or the division responsible for the services with which your information is associated;
- share non-personal or de-identified information with any number of parties, including analytics companies, technology providers and other business partners; or
- combine it with data from other sources outside of your use of the Smartcom Services, such as data obtained from Wi-Fi access points within range of your Device.
Auto deletion of data: We may automatically delete data from a Device or from the App in connection with a returned or terminated account or device, or as necessary to protect against unauthorized access to the data. According to GDPR’s requirement, if a user has not logged-in during a 2 years’ period, his/her account will then be deleted. Finally, the list of data deletion within the application’s features:
- Message data (audio, and text) – 60 days
- Location history – 60 days
- All notifications – 60 days
- Status history (battery, power on/off, etc.) – 60 days
- Logs on Server side – 60 days
- Steps/activity history – 12 months
- Tasks/Rewards – 60 days
Security: The security of your information is very important to us. We use reasonable efforts internally at Smartcom to protect it from unauthorized access. However, due to the inherent open nature of the Internet and wireless communications, we cannot guarantee that your personal information will be completely free from unauthorized access by third parties, such when transferred over or through systems not within our exclusive control. Your use of our Smartcom Services demonstrates your assumption of this risk. We have put in place reasonable physical, electronic, and managerial procedures to safeguard the information we collect. Only those employees who need access to your information in order to perform their duties are authorized to have access to your personal information. For more information on protecting your privacy, please visit www.ftc.gov/privacy for US customers For EU, please visit https://www.eugdpr.org/ .
Personal information from children: While some of Smartcom’s managed Wireless Devices (“Device”) are designed to be worn by a child, our customer is the applicable parent/guardian or other adult over 18 years of age who has enabled the Smartcom Services. By providing the Device to a child, you represent and warrant to Smartcom that you are authorized by such child’s parent or guardian to enable and permit Smartcom to operate the Smartcom Services and collect and use the information from the child as stated herein.
Data retention: ref. to Auto Deletion of Data.
Data Access: Smartcom Data collected through use of the Device and/or the App, including location information, frequency of use and emergency contact information is generally not available to customers for their own, direct access. Please contact firstname.lastname@example.org for specific questions about access to any collected data.
Other services: As a convenience to you, Network Providers may provide links to third party services from within our Smartcom Services. We are not responsible for the privacy practices or content of these third party services and such links should not be construed as an endorsement of any such third party services. When you link away from our Smartcom Services, you do so at your own risk.
Opt-Out Process: If you no longer want any data collected by Smartcom from the Device, then you will simply need to un-pair the service from the app. All data will be deleted. Then contact us to delete your personal account from the app: email@example.com.
Smartcom Website’s Terms of Service: Our website does not retain any cookies or personal data collection system while you navigate on it. Thus no Terms of Service are required. In the event which you are emailing us using our website, you will receive a reply in the shortest delay. Your email will not be collected and stored in any database, at the exception of Sales Enquiries.
Contact: For questions or concerns relating to privacy, we can be contacted at: firstname.lastname@example.org.